Harvard Medical School
Education and experience:
March 2014 – March 2017
Post-Doctoral Fellow at the department of Population Medicine, Drug Policy Research Group at Harvard Medical School & Harvard Pilgrim Healthcare Institute.
1) A rapidly changing global medicines environment: How adaptable are funding decision-making systems?
2) Trends of utilization of breast cancer medicines of privately insured women in the US.
May 2005 – Feb 2014
Researcher at the Austrian Public Health Institute, Department of Health Economics / WHO Collaborating Centre for Pharmaceutical Pricing and Reimbursement Policies
1) Comparative research of health systems with a focus on medicines (access and affordability)
2) Medicine price comparison in European countries
3) Policy impact analysis on medicines’ utilization and costs
1) Pharmaceutical Pricing and Reimbursement Information (PPRI): a network of European public pricing and reimbursement authorities
2) National Center for Rare Diseases in Austria: a multi-stakeholder process to develop and implement a National Action plan for rare diseases
Consulting activities for various players in the Austrian pharmaceutical sector (public and private), the European Commission, the World Health Organization and the World Bank
Sep 2009 – Jan 2014
Professional PhD in Pharmaceutical Policy, Utrecht University, Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Clinical Pharmacology / Utrecht Centre for Pharmaceutical Policy and Regulation, Utrecht, the Netherlands
2003 – 2004
Master of Science in International Health Care Management, Economics and Policy, Bocconi University, Milan, Italy
1998 – 2002
Master of Applied Science in International Business Relations, University of Applied Science Eisenstadt, Austria
Former PhD Project:
Pharmaceutical Policy Analysis – A European Perspective on Pricing and Reimbursement in challenging times
Team members and other people involved:
Dr. Aukje Mantel-Teeuwisse, Prof. Dr. Bert Leufkens, Richard Laing, Sabine Vogler